Upgrade from TAE40110:
TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment
This upgrade program is specifically developed for qualified trainers and assessors who hold the now superseded qualification, TAE40110 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment.
We offer a simple, yet comprehensive RPL process so you can upgrade from the TAE40110 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment to the latest TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment at a very affordable price and with a quick turnaround (subject to the evidence that you provide).
Entry Requirements – Training Package
The TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment provides individuals with the skills and knowledge to train and assess in the vocational education and training sector. For this reason, the requirement for entry is that you have good industry knowledge and experience in the area you wish to become a trainer for. We call this vocational competence.
Entry Requirements – RTO-specific
Students must be a minimum of 18 years of age.
RPL Pathway for this Upgrade Program
Candidates hold the TAE40110 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment.
Achievement of the TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment is one of the ways trainers can meet the requirements of the Standards for Registered Training Organisations (RTOs) 2015.
The TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment IV is made up of 10 units. There are 9 core units and 1 elective. The units packaged into our course are:
- TAEASS401 Plan assessment activities and processes
- TAEASS402 Assess competence
- TAEASS403 Participate in assessment validation
- TAEASS502 Design and develop assessment tools
- TAEDEL401 Plan, organise and deliver group-based learning
- TAEDEL402 Plan, organise and facilitate learning in the workplace
- TAEDES401 Design and develop learning programs
- TAEDES402 Use training packages and accredited courses to meet client needs
- TAELLN411 Address adult language, literacy and numeracy skills
The electives you choose will be based on those you already hold in your TAE40110 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment.
Depending on the units you have completed in obtaining your TAE40110, you may need to complete two online units to address either or both of the two new core units, as detailed below:
- TAEASS502 Design and Develop Assessment Tools
- TAELLN411 Address Adult Language, Literacy and Numeracy Skills
TAEASS502: Design and Develop Assessment Tools/strong>
This unit describes the skills and knowledge required to design and develop assessment tools used to guide the collection of quality evidence, including their application in formative, summative and RPL assessment. The candidate must show evidence of the ability to complete tasks outlined in the elements and performance criteria of this unit, including developing at least three assessment tools that support different assessment methods, and address at least one unit of competency each.
TAELLN411: Address Language, Literacy and Numeracy Requirements
This unit describes the performance outcomes, skills and knowledge required to recognise the core language, literacy and numeracy (LLN) demands of training and assessment, and to tailor training and assessment to suit individual skill levels, including accessing relevant support resources. This unit introduces trainers and assessors to core LLN issues in training and assessment practice. Competence in this unit does not indicate that a person is a qualified specialist adult language, literacy or numeracy practitioner. Evidence to be addressed includes the ability to use tools to identify the LLN skill requirements (reading, writing, speaking, listening and numeracy) of the training specification and/or assessment process relevant to vocational delivery; to customise and use at least two learning resources to address LLN requirements; and to select, use and review at least two assessment strategies that cater for the identified LLN needs of the learner group.
- This is primarily an assessment-only pathway via RPL. Our RPL pathway is administered online through our easy to use online system.
- If you are unable to complete all units by RPL, you can complete them with us online via our training and assessment pathway. Our learning materials are superbly presented in an interesting and interactive way and you can work through them at your own pace.
- Our assessments give you the opportunity to practice training and assessing in your area of expertise. This is a great way to build confidence and customise the course to your needs.
- We understand that in these days, with COVID-19 and closures of business and schools, you may find it difficult to complete assessments that require interaction with groups of people face-to-face. If you are unable to be physically present with people, we will support you in using technologies that will enable you to complete the whole course including all assessments from the safety of your own home.
- The assessment component of our course is blended with online and offline components. We provide a “simulated” practice environment that is accessed online, over the phone and through Skype. This simulated environment will provide a good practice environment for you for most of the units.
- Some of the units require you to teach and assess students face-to-face in a suitable workplace environment. This may be difficult or impossible for you because of the COVID-19 restrictions. In this case, you will need to find students and workplace personnel that will interact with you in an online environment. We will support you in using technologies that provide an online environment for your interactions.
Course Duration and Enrolment Period
Once you enrol, you have 6 months to provide all required evidence and complete any units via a training and assessment pathway if you were unable to RPL them. We estimate that this upgrade program will take between 40 to 150 hours to complete. This includes all learning and assessment activities. This is a guide only as everyone learns at a different pace, undertakes different quantities of units and completes units via different pathways.
- Microsoft Word 2007 or later
- Pay only $249 upfront, followed by 4 monthly instalments of just $99 (total: $645).
- Or save 25% and make just one upfront payment of $499.
- The issuance of an electronic certificate or statement of attainment at the end of your enrolment is included in the course fees.
- If you’re aged between 45 and 70, you may be able to enrol in this qualification at half the price. How? The Australian Government’s Skills Checkpoint for Older Workers Program will provide eligible participants with 50% of the course fees. Just select “Skills Checkpoint Funding” at the top of the page.
How Do I Enrol?
You can start the enrolment process by clicking the “Enrol Now” button. If you have any questions, please call or email us (details below).
We look forward to having you on board!
This upgrade program is specifically developed for qualified trainers and assessors who hold the now-superseded qualification, TAE40110 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment.
We assess your RPL evidence efficiently and professionally so that you can upgrade your qualification as fast as possible. See more..