TAESS00011 Assessor Skill Set
You can complete this course 100% at home. Get started today!
Our team always works remotely, so for us, it’s business as usual, and we are ready to share this great way of working with you so that you can stay home and get ahead.
This skill set is designed to provide VET practitioners with the assessor competencies to meet the standards for RTOs requirements.
On successful completion of this course, you will achieve a nationally recognised statement of attainment – TAESS00011 Assessor Skill Set.
By completing this skill set, you will also complete 4 of the core units of the TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment.
Interactive Learning Materials for Fast Student Progress
The learning component of our course is delivered online with our easy to use online learning system. Our learning materials are superbly presented in an interesting and interactive way and you can work through them at your own pace.
Entry Requirements – Training Package
The units in the TAEASS00011 Assessor Skill Set provide individuals with the skills and knowledge to carry out the assessment process in the vocational education and training sector. For this reason, the requirement for entry is that you have good industry knowledge and experience in the area you wish to become an assessor for. We call this vocational competence.
Entry Requirements – RTO-specific
Students must be a minimum of 18 years of age.
Achievement of this skill set by assessors is one way that assessors can meet the requirements of the Standards for Registered Training Organisations (RTOs) 2015.
- TAEASS401 Plan Assessment Activities and Processes
- TAEASS402 Assess Competence
- TAEASS403 Participate in Assessment Validation
- TAEASS502 Design and Develop Assessment Tools
The learning component of our course is delivered online with our easy to use online learning system. Our learning materials are superbly presented in an interesting and interactive way, and you can work through them at your own pace.
- We understand that in these days, with COVID-19 and closures of business and schools, you may find it difficult to complete assessments that require interaction with groups of people face-to-face. If you are unable to be physically present with people, we will support you in using technologies that will enable you to complete the whole course including all assessments from the safety of your own home.
- Our assessments give you the opportunity to practice training assessing in your area of expertise. This is a great way to build confidence and customise the course to your needs.
- The assessment component of our course is blended with online and offline components. We provide a “simulated” practice environment that is accessed online, over the phone and through Skype. This simulated environment will provide a good practice environment for you for most of the units.
- Some of the units require you to assess real students/learners from a workplace or RTO. We can provide that opportunity for you if you don’t have access to a suitable workplace or RTO.
- Some of the units require you to meet with others. Our Facebook study group is a great place to find other likeminded people that will interact with you in an online environment. We will support you in using technologies that provide an online environment for your interactions.
Course Duration and Enrolment Period
- Once you enrol, you have 6 months to complete the course.
- The estimated time required to complete this course is 195 hours. This estimate is based on the time it will take an average student with no experience in the vocational education and training sector to complete all the learning and assessment activities. This is a guide only as everyone learns at a different pace.
- If you have experience in the vocational education and training sector, you will generally complete the course in a shorter timeframe.
Recognition of Prior Learning or Current Competency (RPL)
If you feel you already have competence in any of these units, you can apply to have your skills recognised through our RPL process. Please contact Connect Training Group for more information on this option.
- Internet (speed adequate to watch videos on YouTube)
- Microsoft Word 2007 or later
- Video camera to record assessment activities
- Pay only $399 upfront, followed by 6 monthly instalments of just $99 (total: $993).
- Or save almost $200 and make just one upfront payment of $799.
- The issuance of an electronic certificate or statement of attainment at the end of your enrolment is included in the course fees.
- If you’re aged between 45 and 70, you may be able to enrol in this qualification at half the price. How? The Australian Government’s Skills Checkpoint for Older Workers Program will provide eligible participants with 50% of the course fees. Just select “Skills Checkpoint Funding” at the top of the page.
How Do I Enrol?
Click on the “Enrol Now” button on this website.
We look forward to having you on board!
This skill set is designed to provide VET practitioners with the assessor competencies to meet Standards for RTOs requirements. This skill set covers the whole process of assessment from A to Z.
An engaging online course with easy to follow e-learning resources, personal Australia-based support and friendly support from a family-owned RTO.See more..