TAEASS502 — Design and develop assessment tools
You can complete this course 100% at home. Get started today!
Our team always works remotely, so for us, it’s business as usual, and we are ready to share this great way of working with you so that you can stay home and get ahead.
This unit is for trainers and assessors who may have a gap in meeting the new trainer and assessor requirements. As of 1 July 2019, trainers and assessors must hold.
As of 1 July 2019 trainers and assessors must hold:
- TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment or its successor or
- TAE40110 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment plus the following units:
- TAELLN411 (or its successor) or TAELLN401A, and
- TAEASS502 (or its successor) or TAEASS502A or TAEASS502B or
- a diploma or higher level qualification in adult education.
If you are considering completing this unit, give us a call and we can double check that it’s what you personally need in order to meet these trainer/assessor requirements.
Interactive Learning Materials for Fast Student Progress
The learning component of our course is delivered online with our easy to use online learning system. Our learning materials are superbly presented in an interesting and interactive way and you can work through them at your own pace.
Entry Requirements – Training Package
The units in the TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment provide individuals with the skills and knowledge to train and assess in the vocational education and training sector. For this reason, the requirement for entry is that you have good industry knowledge and experience in the area you wish to become a trainer/assessor for. We call this vocational competence.
Entry Requirements – RTO-specific
Students must be a minimum of 18 years of age.
Achievement of this unit by trainers/assessors may help them meet the requirements of the Standards for Registered Training Organisations (RTOs) 2015 depending on the other units or qualifications the trainer/assessor holds.
TAEASS502 Design and develop assessment tools
The learning component of our course is delivered online with our easy to use online learning system. Our learning materials are superbly presented in an interesting and interactive way, and you can work through them at your own pace.
- We understand that in these days with COVID-19 and closures of business and schools, you may find it difficult to complete assessments that require interaction with groups of people face-to-face. If you are unable to be physically present with people, we will support you in using technologies that will enable you to complete the whole course including all assessments from the safety of your own home.
- Our assessment gives you the opportunity to practice trialling assessment tools in your area of expertise. This is a great way to build confidence and customise the course to your needs.
- The assessment component of our course is blended with online and offline components. We provide a “simulated” practice environment that is accessed online, over the phone and through Skype. This simulated environment will provide a good practice environment for you for most of the assessment.
- Part of the assessment requires you to trial assessment tools face-to-face in a suitable workplace environment. This may be difficult or impossible for you because of the COVID-19 restrictions. In this case, you will need to find people who will interact with you in an online environment. We will support you in using technologies that provide an online environment for your interactions.
Course Duration and Enrolment Period
- Once you enrol, you have 6 months to complete the course.
- The estimated time required to complete this course is 47 hours. This estimate is based on the time it will take an average student with no experience in the vocational education and training sector to complete all the learning and assessment activities. This is a guide only as everyone learns at a different pace.
- If you have experience in the vocational education and training sector, you will generally complete the course in a shorter timeframe.
Recognition of Prior Learning or Current Competency (RPL)
If you feel you already have competence in this unit, you can apply to have these skills recognised through our RPL process. Please contact Connect Training Group for more information on this option.
- Internet (speed adequate to watch videos on YouTube)
- Microsoft Word 2007 or later
- Video camera to record assessment activities
- Our payment plan makes this course affordable for everyone. Just make three fortnightly payments of $99 (total: $297).
- Or save 10% and make an upfront payment by credit card or bank transfer of $275.
- The issuance of a certificate is included in the course fees.
How Do I Enrol?
Just click on the “Enrol Now” button. If you have any questions, please call or email us
We look forward to having you on board!
This unit is for trainers and assessors who may have a gap in meeting the new trainer and assessor requirements.
The learning component of our course is delivered online. The learning materials are superbly presented in an interesting and interactive way.
Our payment plan make this unit affordable for everyone. Just make three low payments of $99 per fortnight.
An engaging online course with easy to follow e-learning resources, personal Australia-based support and friendly support from a family-owned RTO.