TAE50216 Diploma of Training Design and Development (RPL Pathway)
- Have your instructional design and training development skills formally recognised!
- This qualification reflects the roles of training developers and instructional designers who are responsible for analysing training needs and designing training solutions and products to meet workplace capability requirements and evaluating the effectiveness of training programs. They may have a role in providing guidance and advice to trainers and assessors, promoting innovative practice, e.g. e-learning, and in researching and incorporating best practice in training and assessment into training programs and products.
- We are providing this qualification through a recognition (RPL) process only. If you have extensive vocational experience in training and assessment, within an RTO or similar organisation, the RPL pathway will assist you in having these skills and knowledge recognised. Please note that enrolment into this RPL program does not automatically grant you the qualification.
- You may be eligible to select elective units from your other qualifications. The TAE50216 Diploma of Training Design and Development gives a good opportunity to take some of your elective units from other qualifications. If you have completed a complete qualification or individual units at Diploma level or above, you may be eligible to select up to 2 elective units from these. This will depend on certain criteria and we will analyse your qualifications to get you the best outcome possible.
Please note these are NOT pre-requisites, simply preferences. Candidates may
- hold the TAE40110/TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment and have the experience outlined below, or
- hold another relevant VET qualification and have the experience outlined below, or
- have the extensive vocational experience as follows:
- Candidate is an experienced training developer or and instructional designer who is responsible for analysing training needs and designing training solutions and products to meet workplace capability requirements, and evaluating the effectiveness of training programs.
- Candidate may have a role in providing guidance and advice to trainers and assessors, promoting innovative practices, e.g. e-learning, and in researching and incorporating best practice in training and assessment into training programs and products.
The TAE50216 Diploma of Training Design and Development is made up of 10 units. There are 5 core units plus 5 elective units.
- TAEASS502 Design and develop assessment tools
- TAEDES501 Design and develop learning strategies
- TAEDES502 Design and develop learning resources
- TAEDES505 Evaluate a training program
- TAETAS501 Undertake organisational training needs analysis
- TAEASS501 Provide advanced assessment practice
- TAEDEL502 Provide advanced facilitation practice
- TAEPDD501 Maintain and enhance professional practice
- TAEASS503 Lead assessment validation processes
- TAELLN411 Address adult language, literacy and numeracy skills
- TAELLN501 Support the development of adult language literacy and numeracy skills
- TAEDEL501 Facilitate e-learning
- TAEDES503 Design and develop e-learning resources
Once you enrol, you have 12 months to provide all required evidence.
This is an assessment-only pathway via RPL. Our RPL pathway is administered online through our easy to use online system.
If you’re aged between 45 and 70, you may be able to reduce your out-of-pocket costs by half. How? The Australian Government’s Skills Checkpoint for Older Workers program will provide eligible participants with 50% of the course fees. That’s right – you could get a 50% subsidy! To discuss this and find out whether you are eligible, contact us today!
Self-paying students: Pay $900 when you enrol, then $1,049 when your RPL process is completed (total $1,949).
Or go on a payment plan: $499 when you enrol, followed by five low payments of $309 a month (total $2,044).
Funded students: Pay your contribution when you enrol (total $974.50).
- What you pay upon enrolment is non-refundable if you decide not to proceed with your application.
- Full payment must be made before a certificate is issued.
- If you are unable to provide the required evidence for all the units, you will be only charged a pro-rata fee for the units you are able to obtain via RPL and issued a statement of attainment for those units. You will be refunded the remainder of the fees for the units that you were not able to provide evidence for, minus a $900 assessment fee.
- No licensing, legislative or certification requirements apply to this qualification at the time of publication.
- Achievement of the TAE50216 Diploma of Training Design and Development is one of the ways trainers can meet the requirements of the Standards for Registered Training Organisations (RTOs) 2015.
- Trainers and assessors delivering the TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment or any assessor skill set from the TAE Training and Education Training Package are required to hold the TAE50111/TAE50116 Diploma of Vocational Education and Training, the TAE50211/TAE50216 Diploma of Training Design and Development, or a higher level qualification in adult education.
Students must be a minimum of 18 years of age.
- Internet (speed adequate to stream videos)
- Microsoft Word 2007 or later
If you have extensive vocational experience in training development and/or instructional design, this qualification pathway will assist you in having these skills and knowledge recognised.
- Our payment plan makes this course affordable for everyone. Pay only $499 upfront, followed by five monthly payments of just $309.
- 50% government funding is available for eligible applicants.