TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment
You can complete this course 100% at home! Get started today!
- You can complete this course 100% at home, and you can start right away.
- With our easy to use online learning system and customised assessments, you can complete all the learning and assessment activities without leaving the house.
- Our team always works remotely, so for us, it’s business as usual, and we are ready to share this great way of working with you so that you can stay home and get ahead.
- There is no limit to how quickly you can complete the course, so if you have some time on your hands, you can work through the course at a faster pace.
- Book a free career consultation today, and we can help you get started right away!
Get qualified to:
- Train and assess nationally recognised qualifications, including Certificate I through to Certificate IV, Diplomas and Advanced Diplomas
- Train and assess vocational education and training (VET) programs in workplaces, RTOs (Registered Training Organisations), and TAFEs.
- Carry out the whole process of training design through to delivery and assessment.
Interactive Learning Materials for Fast Student Progress
The learning component of our course is delivered online with our easy to use online learning system. Our learning materials are superbly presented in an interesting and interactive way, and you can work through them at your own pace.
Entry Requirements – Training Package
The TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment provides individuals with the skills and knowledge to train and assess in the vocational education and training sector. For this reason, the requirement for entry is that you have good industry knowledge and experience in the area you wish to become a trainer for. We call this vocational competence.
Entry Requirements – RTO-specific
Students must be a minimum of 18 years of age.
Achievement of this qualification by trainers is a requirement of the Standards for Registered Training Organisations (RTOs) 2015.
The TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment IV is made up of 10 units. There are 9 core units and 1 elective. The units packaged into our course are:
TAEASS401 Plan assessment activities and processes
TAEASS402 Assess competence
TAEASS403 Participate in assessment validation
TAEASS502 Design and develop assessment tools
TAEDEL401 Plan, organise and deliver group-based learning
TAEDEL402 Plan, organise and facilitate learning in the workplace
TAEDES401 Design and develop learning programs
TAEDES402 Use training packages and accredited courses to meet client needs
TAELLN411 Address adult language, literacy and numeracy skills
BSBCMM401 Make a presentation
The learning component of our course is delivered online with our easy to use online learning system. Our learning materials are superbly presented in an interesting and interactive way and you can work through them at your own pace.
- Our assessments give you the opportunity to practise training and assessing in your area of expertise. This is a great way to build confidence and customise the course to your needs.
- The assessment component of our course is a blend of online and offline components. We provide a simulated practice environment that is accessed online, over the phone, and through Skype or Zoom. This simulated environment will provide a good practice environment for you for most of the units.
- Some of the units require you to teach and assess students face to face in a suitable workplace environment. This may be difficult or impossible for you because of the COVID-19 restrictions. In this case, you will need to find students and workplace personnel who will interact with you in an online environment. Our online study group will give you access to our other students who you may be able to cooperate with for these interactions, and our trainers are always there to help in any way they can.
- We will support you in using technologies that will enable you to complete the whole course, including all assessments, from the safety of your own home.
Course Duration and Enrolment Period
- Once you enrol, you have 12 months to complete the course.
- The estimated time required to complete this course is 668 hours. This estimate is based on the time it will take an average student with no experience in the vocational education and training sector to complete all the supervised and unsupervised learning activities. This is a guide only as everyone learns at a different pace. If you have experience in the vocational education and training sector, you will generally complete the course in a much shorter timeframe.
- The estimated 668 hours are made up of 472 hours of supervised learning activities, 124 hours of unsupervised learning activities and 72 hours of assessment tasks.
- Supervised learning activities include the time you spend working through the training materials, activities and assessments we provide.
- Unsupervised learning activities are learning activities that you choose to do. This could include doing your own research, work/work experience in the vocational education and training sector (VET), reading relevant magazines or newsletters, being involved in some way with training or assessment in your workplace and more. During the course, we give you suggestions for unsupervised learning activities that you can complete. You may have already completed activities that are relevant unsupervised learning activities that can count towards the unsupervised learning for this course.
Recognition of Prior Learning or Current Competency (RPL)
If you feel you already have competence in any of the units within this qualification, you can apply to have these skills recognised through our RPL process. Please contact Connect Training Group for more information on this option.
- Internet (speed adequate to watch videos on YouTube)
- Microsoft Word 2007 or later
- Video camera to record assessment activities
- Our payment plan makes this course affordable for everyone. Pay only $499 upfront, followed by 11 monthly payments of just $98 (total: $1,577). That’s less than $25 a week!
- Or save 5% and make an upfront payment by credit card or bank transfer of $1,498.
- The issuance of a certificate upon completion is included in the course fees.
Centrelink Fee Help
- This course is approved for student payments through Centrelink for eligible applicants. To find out if you are eligible to receive help with the fees associated with this course, please contact your local Centrelink office or visit Services Australia.
- Please note that we cannot tell you if you are eligible. You need to discuss this with Centrelink directly.
- Mention to Centrelink that you would like to complete your training at Connect Training Group, registered education provider No. 4P819 of Services Australia
Skills Checkpoint for Older Workers Program
- If you’re aged between 45 and 70, you may be able to enrol in this course for only $749. How? The Australian Government’s Skills Checkpoint for Older Workers Program will provide eligible participants with 50% of the course fees. That’s right: You could get a 50% subsidy!
- To discuss this and find out if you are eligible, book a free career consultation call here.
How Do I Enrol?
Just click on the “Apply to Enrol” button right here on this page. You can enrol today.
Today is the best day to get started!
Now do the Certificate IV in Training and Assessment 100% at home! Our online course is the perfect way to become a professional trainer in your industry and diversify your career.
Enrol with confidence: Our services are NOT affected by the corona virus. We deliver this course 100% online.
Our payment plan makes this course affordable for everyone. Pay only $499 upfront, followed by 11 monthly payments of just $98.
An engaging online course with easy to follow e-learning resources, personal Australia-based support and friendly support from a family-owned RTO.