Fast-Tracked BSB40120: BSB40120 Cert IV in Business for TAE40116 Cert IV in Training and Assessment Holders
Get ahead with the brand new BSB40120 Certificate IV in Business!
You can complete your BSB40120 Cert IV in Business through a mix of studying at home and completing some assessments in a workplace. If you already hold the TAE40116 you could be eligible for recognition for up to three of the units for the BSB40120 Certificate IV in Business.
As a holder of the TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment, you could be eligible for recognition for up to three of the units for the BSB40120 Certificate IV in Business. Excellent value for money and a fantastic opportunity to broaden your skills!
The BSB40120 Certificate IV in Business is the perfect foundation and stepping stone for any and every career pathway. In the business sector, this qualification will allow you to use your well-developed skills and experience, along with the broad range of knowledge you will develop, to perform a wide variety of roles and responsibilities in any industry
You can complete the BSB40120 Certificate IV in Business through a mix of studying at home and completing some assessments in a workplace. The course teaches you essential business skills and has the potential to:
- make you more valuable to your current employer,
- make it easier for you to find a new job, and
- help you set up or run your own business more profitably.
Just a few of the employment pathways after completing this course could include:
- Administration Manager
- Customer Service Representative
- Personal Assistant
- Team Leader
Our course offers high-quality, interactive online learning materials and supportive trainers who are just a phone call away.
Get the business skills required in any organisation!
- The skills in the Certificate IV in Business are at the heart of all organisations across Australia. Its units are very practical and are applied in a vast range of industries and businesses every day.
- Holding the Certificate IV in Business tells employers that you have the essential business skills to be an important asset in any workplace. You may be eligible to select elective units from your other qualifications.
- The Certificate IV in Business gives a good opportunity to take some of your elective units from other qualifications. If you have completed a complete qualification or individual units at Certificate III, Certificate IV or a Diploma level, you may be eligible to select up to 2 elective units from these. This will depend on certain criteria and we will analyse your qualifications to get you the best outcome possible.
There is no direct link between the BSB40120 qualification and licensing, legislative and/or regulatory requirements. However, where required, a unit of competency will specify any relevant licensing, legislative and/or regulatory requirements that impact on the unit.
The BSB40120 Certificate IV in Business is made up of 12 units. There are 6 core units and 6 elective units. As stated above, you may be eligible to select up to three electives from your TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment.
BSB40120 Certificate IV in Business
Core units (6)
- BSBCRT411 Apply critical thinking to work practices
- BSBTEC404 Use digital technologies to collaborate in a work environment
- BSBTWK401 Build and maintain business relationships
- BSBWHS411 Implement and monitor WHS policies, procedures and programs
- BSBWRT411 Write complex documents
- BSBXCM401 Apply communication strategies in the workplace
Elective units (6 required)
You may be able to replace up to three of the electives below with units you have completed in your TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training and assessment. You will then choose your remaining electives from the list below. This will be discussed with you before you enrol.
- BSBPEF502 Develop and use emotional intelligence
- BSBPEF401 Manage personal health and wellbeing
- BSBCMM411 Make presentations
- BSBLDR411 Demonstrate leadership in the workplace
- BSBPEF501 Manage personal and professional development
- BSBXTW401 Lead and facilitate a team
Our course is delivered online with our easy to use online learning system. Our learning materials are superbly presented in an interesting and interactive way, and you can work through them at your own pace. You may also participate in role plays and meetings with your trainers over the phone or on Skype. Your trainers and assessors are always just an email or phone call away to support you during the course.
Our assessments give you the opportunity to complete practical tasks that build your confidence in a wide range of business skills. Assessments are completed using a mix of our simulated environment and your workplace environment, documents and colleagues.
Course Duration and Enrolment Period
- Once you enrol, you have 12 months to complete the course.
- The estimated time required to complete this course is 621 hours. This estimate does not take into account the time that would be deducted for recognition of up to three units. This estimate is based on the time it will take an average student with no experience in the business skills included in this course to complete all the supervised and unsupervised learning activities. This is a guide only as everyone learns at a different pace. If you have experience in some of the business skills included in this course you will generally complete the course in a much shorter timeframe.
- The estimated 621 hours are made up of 540 hours of supervised learning and assessment activities and 81 hours of unsupervised learning activities.
- Supervised learning and assessment activities include the time you spend working through the training materials, activities and assessments we provide.
- Unsupervised learning activities are learning activities that you choose to do. This could include doing your own research, work/work experience in a business or organisation, reading relevant magazines or newsletters, being involved in some way with business functions in your workplace and more. During the course, we give you suggestions of unsupervised learning activities that you can complete. You may have already completed relevant unsupervised learning activities that can count towards the unsupervised learning for this course.
Top of the range learning materials
Entry Requirements – Training Package
Entry Requirements – RTO-specific
Students must be a minimum of 18 years of age.
Recognition of Prior Learning or Current Competency (RPL)
If you feel you already have competence in any of the units within this qualification, you can apply to have these skills recognised through our RPL process. Please contact Connect Training Group for more information on this option.
- Internet (speed adequate to watch videos on YouTube)
- Microsoft Word 2007 or later
- Video camera to record assessment activities
- Pay only $399 upfront, followed by 6 monthly instalments of just $99 (total: $993).
- Or save almost $200 and make just one upfront payment of $799.
- The issuance of an electronic certificate or statement of attainment at the end of your enrolment is included in the course fees.
- If you’re aged between 45 and 70, you may be able to enrol in this qualification at half the price. How? The Australian Government’s Skills Checkpoint for Older Workers Program will provide eligible participants with 50% of the course fees. Just select “Skills Checkpoint Funding” at the top of the page.
If you’re aged between 45 and 70, you may be able to enrol in this qualification at half the price. How? The Australian Government’s Skills Checkpoint for Older Workers Program will provide eligible participants with 50% of the course fees. Just select “Skills Checkpoint Funding” when submitting your enrolment.
Centrelink Fee Help
- This course is approved for student payments through Centrelink for eligible applicants.
- To find out if you are eligible to receive help with the fees associated with this course, please contact your local Centrelink office or visit humanservices.gov.au.
- Please note that we cannot tell you if you are eligible. You need to discuss this with Centrelink directly.
- Mention to Centrelink that you would like to complete your training at Connect Training Group, registered education provider No. 4P819 of the Department of Human Services.
How do I enrol?
Just click on the “Enrol Now” button right here on this page.
Boost your career by adding valuable business skills to your trainer qualification.
As a holder of the TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment, you could be eligible for recognition for up to three of the units for the BSB40120 Certificate IV in Business.
Excellent value for money and a fantastic opportunity to broaden your skills! See more..