Dual Diplomas For VET Professionals RPL Pathway:
TAE50116 Diploma of Vocational Education and Training &TAE50216 Diploma of Training Design and Development
- The TAE50116 Diploma of Vocational Education and Training and the TAE50216 Diploma of Training Design and Development are the most current qualifications that support VET skills and knowledge as the next step beyond training and assessing.
- These are also qualifications that trainers/assessors can hold to meet the Standards for Registered Training Organisations (RTOs) 2015 and to meet the requirements for trainers and assessors delivering the TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment or any assessor skill set from the TAE Training and Education Training Package.
- These Diploma level qualifications reflect the roles of experienced practitioners delivering and managing training and assessment strategies, as well as the skills of course developers and instructional designers who develop learning programs, resources and assessment strategies usually within Registered Training Organisations (RTOs) within the vocational education and training (VET) sector.
Who should complete this RPL pathway?
- Those wanting to formalise and have recognised current skills in training and assessing as well as instructional design and development of learning programs and resources
- Those who want nationally recognised higher level training and assessment qualification
- Trainers and assessors delivering the TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment or any assessor skill set from the TAE Training and Education Training Package
Preferred RPL pathways
Please note these are NOT pre-requisites, simply preferences.
- hold the TAE40110/TAE40116 Certificate IV in training and assessment and have the experience outlined below, or
- hold another relevant VET qualification and have the experience outlined below, or
- have the extensive vocational experience outlined below
- The candidate is an experienced practitioner delivering training and assessment services usually within Registered Training Organisations (RTOs) within the vocational education and training (VET) sector.
- The candidate may have a role in leading other trainers and assessors and in providing mentoring or advice to new trainers or assessors as well as designing approaches to learning and assessment strategies across a significant area within an RTO.
- The candidate is a training developer and instructional designer who is responsible for analysing training needs and designing training solutions and products to meet workplace capability requirements, and evaluating the effectiveness of training programs.
- The candidate may have a role in providing guidance and advice to trainers and assessors, promoting innovative practices, e.g. e-learning, and in researching and incorporating best practice in training and assessment into training programs and products.
How many units are needed to achieve both qualifications?
There is significant overlapping in the packaging rules for these qualifications, so it is a reasonably simple process to gain both qualifications at the same time.
TAE50116 Diploma of Vocational Education and Training
- Total number of units = 10
- 6 core units plus 4 elective units
TAE50216 Diploma of Training Design and Development
- Total number of units = 10
- 5 core units plus 5 elective units
To complete both diplomas, you need to complete 10 units, as follows:
- TAEASS502 Design and develop assessment tools
- TAEDES501 Design and develop learning strategies
- TAEASS501 Provide advanced assessment practice
- TAEDEL502 Provide advanced facilitation practice
- TAELLN501 Support the development of adult language literacy and numeracy skills
- TAEPDD501 Maintain and enhance professional practice
- TAEDES502 Design and develop learning resource
- TAEDES505 Evaluate a training program
- TAETAS501 Undertake organisational training needs analysis
In addition to the units above, 1 more unit must be completed. The unit can be chosen from the list below, or it can be a different unit as long as it meets the required criteria.
- TAEASS503 Lead assessment validation processes
- TAEDEL501 Facilitate e-learning
- TAEDES503 Design and develop e-learning resources
- TAELLN411 Address adult language, literacy and numeracy skills
Entry requirements – training package
Entry requirements – RTO-specific
Students must be a minimum of 18 years of age.
- Pay only $499 upfront, followed by 12 monthly payments of just $199 (total: $2,887).
- Or save $300 by making an upfront payment of $1,398 followed by 12 monthly payments of just $99 (total: $2,586).
- The issuance of an electronic certificate or statement of attainment at the end of your enrolment is included in the course fees.
- If you’re aged between 45 and 70, you may be able to enrol in this qualification at half the price. How? The Australian Government’s Skills Checkpoint for Older Workers Program will provide eligible participants with 50% of the course fees. Just select “Skills Checkpoint Funding” at the top of the page.
- Achievement of the TAE50116 Diploma of Vocational Education and Training or the TAE50216 Diploma of Training Design and Development are both ways trainers can meet the requirements of the Standards for Registered Training Organisations (RTOs) 2015.
- Trainers and assessors delivering the TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment or any assessor skill set from the TAE Training and Education Training Package are required to hold one of the following qualifications:
- TAE50111/TAE50116 Diploma of Vocational Education and Training
- TAE50211/TAE50216 Diploma of Training Design and Development
- a higher level qualification in adult education.
This is an assessment-only pathway via RPL. Our RPL pathway is administered online through our easy to use online system.
Once you enrol, you have 6 months to provide all required evidence.
- Microsoft Word 2007 or later
|Course Code:||TAE50116 & TAE50216|
Is it time for you to have your well-honed VET practitioner skills formally recognised?
We offer an easy solution to gain not one but two Diploma level qualifications at the same time. This will not only save you time but also money, as you strive to have your skills across training and assessing and instructional design formally recognised.
We provide this double Diploma process as a recognition (RPL) pathway. See more..