Dual Cert IV: TAE40116 Cert IV in Training and Assessment & BSB40120 Cert IV in Business
You can complete the TAE40116 component of this course 100% at home. Get started today!
Our team always works remotely, so for us, it’s business as usual, and we are ready to share this great way of working with you so that you can stay home and get ahead.
Qualification 1: TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment
The TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment is the perfect way to diversify your career. In the VET sector, your work experience will be prized. As a qualified trainer, you will become a dual professional, competent in your area of expertise as well as in training and assessing. This qualification will enable you to:
- train and assess nationally recognised qualifications, including Certificate I through to Certificate IV, Diplomas, and Advanced Diplomas;
- train and assess VET programs in workplaces, and RTOs (Registered Training Organisations) private and public (TAFE);
- carry out the whole process from training design through to delivery and assessment.
Qualification 2: BSB40120 Certificate IV in Business
The BSB40120 Certificate IV in Business is the perfect foundation and steppingstone for any and every career pathway. In the business sector, this qualification will allow you to use your well-developed skills and experience, along with the broad range of knowledge you will develop, to perform a wide variety of roles and responsibilities in any industry. This qualification will enable you to:
- apply solutions to a range of situations and problems;
- analyse and evaluate information;
- provide leadership and guidance to assist in a range of environments;
- provide administrative and/or operational support to others.
Entry Requirements – Training Package
The TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment provides individuals with the skills and knowledge to train and assess in the VET sector, but it does not provide them with an area of expertise in which to train or assess. For this reason, the requirement for entry into the qualification is that you have broad industry knowledge and experience in the area you wish to become a trainer for. We call this vocational competence. You may also already hold a qualification in your area of expertise. It is a requirement that trainers in the VET sector have good industry experience.
As a qualified trainer, you will become a dual professional, competent in your area of expertise as well as in training and assessing.
Entry Requirements – RTO-specific
Students must be a minimum of 18 years of age.
Achievement of the TAE40116 qualification by trainers is a requirement of the Standards for Registered Training Organisations (RTOs) 2015.
There is no direct link between the BSB40120 qualification and licensing, legislative and/or regulatory requirements.
The TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment has 10 units and the BSB40120 Certificate IV in Business has 12 units. By completing the dual certificate program, you will reduce the amount of units required to be completed from a total of 22 to just 19. The units packaged into our dual certificate program are as follows:
TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment
- TAEASS401 – Plan assessment activities and processes
- TAEASS402 – Assess competence
- TAEASS403 – Participate in assessment validation
- TAEASS502 – Design and develop assessment tools
- TAEDEL401 – Plan, organise and deliver group-based learning
- TAEDEL402 – Plan, organise and facilitate learning in the workplace
- TAEDES401 – Design and develop learning programs
- TAEDES402 – Use training packages and accredited courses to meet clients’needs
- TAELLN411 – Address adult language, literacy and numeracy skills.
- BSBCMM401 Make a presentation
BSB40120 Certificate IV in Business
- BSBCRT411 Apply critical thinking to work practices
- BSBTEC404 Use digital technologies to collaborate in a work environment
- BSBTWK401 Build and maintain business relationships
- BSBWHS411 Implement and monitor WHS policies, procedures and programs
- BSBWRT411 Write complex documents
- BSBXCM401 Apply communication strategies in the workplace
- BSBPEF502 Develop and use emotional intelligence
- BSBPEF401 Manage personal health and wellbeing
- BSBPEF501 Manage personal and professional development
- BSBCMM411 – Make presentations (You will have already completed this in TAE40116.)
- TAEDEL401 – Plan, organise and deliver group-based learning (You will have already completed this in TAE40116.)
- TAEDEL402 – Plan, organise and facilitate learning in the workplace (You will have already completed this in TAE40116.)
The learning component of our course is delivered online with our easy to use online learning system. Our learning materials are superbly presented in an interesting and interactive way and you can work through them at your own pace.
- The assessments for our TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment can be undertaken 100% from home.
- The assessments for our BSB40120 Certificate IV in Business are partly completed at home and partly completed in your workplace. If your workplace is designed so that you can work from home this will be an acceptable workplace environment for these assessments.
- Our assessments give you the opportunity to practice training and assessment in your area of expertise and practice the business skills you will be learning. This is a great way to build confidence and customise the course to your needs.
- The assessment components of our TAE40116 and BSB40120 courses are blended with simulated workplace and real workplace components. For both these qualifications we provide a “simulated” practice environment that is accessed online, over the phone and through Zoom. Many of the assessment components can be completed using this simulated environment. For our TAE40116 units we also provide a real training organisation workplace for the units that require you to undertake assessments in this type of workplace.
- For our BSB40120 units you will often need to access your real workplace environment to undertake assessments. If your workplace is designed so that you can work from home this will be an acceptable workplace environment for these assessments.
Course Duration and Enrolment Period
- Once you enrol, you have 20 months to complete the course.
- The estimated time required to complete this course is 1,082 hours. This estimate is based on the time it will take an average student with no experience in any of the skills in the course to complete all the supervised and unsupervised learning activities. This is a guide only as everyone learns at a different pace. If you have experience in some of the skills the course covers, you will generally complete the course in a shorter timeframe.
- The estimated 1,082 hours are made up of 877 hours of supervised learning activities, 205 hours of unsupervised learning activities.
- Supervised learning activities include the time you spend working through the training materials and assessments we provide.
- Unsupervised learning activities are learning activities that you choose to do. This could include doing your own research, work/work experience, reading relevant magazines or newsletters and more. During the course, we give you suggestions for unsupervised learning activities that you can complete. You may have already completed relevant unsupervised learning activities that can count towards the unsupervised learning for this course./li>
Recognition of Prior Learning or Current Competency (RPL))
If you feel you already have competence in any of the units within this qualification, you can apply to have these skills recognised through our RPL process. Please contact Connect Training Group for more information on this option.
- Internet (speed adequate to watch videos on YouTube)
- Microsoft Word 2007 or later
- Zoom videoconferencing software
- Video camera or smartphone for taking videos
- Pay only $499 upfront, followed by 12 monthly payments of just $199 (total: $2,887).
- Or save $300 by making an upfront payment of $1,398 followed by 12 monthly payments of just $99 (total: $2,586).
- The issuance of an electronic certificate or statement of attainment at the end of your enrolment is included in the course fees.
- If you’re aged between 45 and 70, you may be able to enrol in this qualification at half the price. How? The Australian Government’s Skills Checkpoint for Older Workers Program will provide eligible participants with 50% of the course fees. Just select “Skills Checkpoint Funding” at the top of the page.
How Do I Enrol?
Just click on the “Enrol Now” button right here on this page.
|Course Code:||TAE40116 & BSB40120|
Become a fully qualified trainer, teaching what you know, with solid and comprehensive business skills as well!
By enrolling in our tailored dual certificates, TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment and BSB40120 Certificate IV in Business, you will have two full, nationally recognised qualifications in less time, because you will only need to complete 19 units instead of 22.See more..