TAE50116 and TAE50216: Dual Diplomas for VET Professionals
Have your well-honed VET practitioner skills formally recognised!
The TAE50116 Diploma of VET and the TAE50216 Diploma of TDD are the most current qualifications that support VET skills and knowledge as the next step beyond training and assessing, and are also required by qualified trainers who wish to deliver the TAE40110 / TAE40116 Cert IV in training and assessment qualifications to others.
These Diploma level qualifications reflect the roles of experienced practitioners delivering and managing training and assessment strategies, as well as the skills of course developers and instructional designers whom develop learning programs, resources and assessment strategies usually within Registered Training Organisations (RTOs) within the vocational education and training (VET) sector.
They may have roles in leading other trainers and assessors and in providing mentoring or advice to new trainers or assessors as well as designing approaches to learning and assessment strategies across a significant area within the RTO.
We provide this Dual Diploma process as a recognition (RPL) pathway only.
This RPL process includes but is not limited to: responding to a questionnaire and providing specific evidence to confirm your experiences across VET; providing scanned copies of your qualifications, current training resume, professional development plan or skills matrix, as well as providing contact details for credible referees’ so we can follow up with your experiences, and a competency conversation between you and your Connect training group assessor.
Who should complete this RPL pathway?
- Those wanting to formalise and have recognised current skills in training and assessing as well as instructional design and development of learning programs and resources
- Those who want nationally recognised higher level training and assessment qualification
- VET trainers who currently deliver the TAE40110/TAE40116 Certificate IV in training and assessment and whom now need a higher level VET qualification to do this
RPL – Preferred pathwaysPlease note these are NOT pre-requisites, simply preferences.
This pathway is for candidates whom have already achieved the TAE40110/TAE40116 Certificate IV in training and assessment, and have vocational experience in training and assessment roles within an RTO or similar organisation where the focus has been on competency based training
After achieving another relevant VET qualification and have vocational experience in training and assessment roles within an RTO or similar organisation where the focus has been on competency based training and assessment
After demonstrating extensive vocational experience in training and assessment roles within an RTO, or similar organisation, where the focus has been on competency based training and assessment
How many units are needed to achieve both qualifications?There is significant overlapping in the packaging rules for these qualifications, so it is a reasonably simple process to gain both qualifications at the same time.
To achieve the TAE50116 Diploma of VET qualification you will need to be found competent in 10 units of competency consisting of: 6 Core units & 4 Elective units
To achieve the TAE50216 Diploma of TDD qualification you will need to be found competent in 10 units consisting of 5 core and 5 elective units.
Course Pre-Requisites and language, literacy and numeracy requirementsThere are no formal entry requirements for this course, however you will need to:
- Have current and extensive experience working in a RTO or training enterprise as an experienced practitioner delivering training and assessment services within the VET sector (for a minimum period of 2 years) and have lead a team of assessors to develop their skills
- Preferably have already obtained the TAE40110 / TAE40116 Certificate IV in training and assessment or other relevant training/teaching qualifications
- Sufficient language, literacy and numeracy skills to:
- Interpret and comprehend written information to develop learning and assessment content and processes
- Language skills at high levels to maintain communication and networking skills, conduct interviews, meetings, focus groups as well as provide feedback to stakeholders
- Numeracy skills to calculate timings for the delivery of learning programs as well as analyse figures and percentages to report on feedback and attendance
- Business technology skills to use software programs to develop learning programs and feedback tools and reports
- The total course fees are $2,480.
- Upon enrolment, you will make an initial payment of $900. Please note that the initial fee is non-refundable if you decide not to proceed with your application.
- The remainder of $1580 is due when your RPL process is completed. Full payment must be made before a certificate is issued.
Is it time for you to have your well honed VET practitioner skills formally recognised?
We offer an easy solution to gain not one but two Diploma level qualifications at the same time.
This will not only save you time, but also money, as you strive to have your skills across training and assessing and instructional design formally recognised.
We provide this double Diploma process as a recognition (RPL) pathway.
You only need to pay $900 upfront and the remainder at the end of the RPL process.