TAE50216 Diploma of Training Design and Development (RPL Pathway)
Have your instructional design and training development skills formally recognised!
- This qualification reflects the roles of training developers and instructional designers who are responsible for analysing training needs and designing training solutions and products to meet workplace capability requirements and evaluating the effectiveness of training programs. They may have a role in providing guidance and advice to trainers and assessors, promoting innovative practice, e.g. e-learning, and in researching and incorporating best practice in training and assessment into training programs and products.
- We are providing this qualification through a recognition (RPL) process only. If you have extensive vocational experience in training and assessment, within an RTO or similar organisation, the RPL pathway will assist you in having these skills and knowledge recognised. Please note that enrolment into this RPL program does not automatically grant you the qualification.
- You may be eligible to select elective units from your other qualifications. The TAE50216 Diploma of Training Design and Development gives a good opportunity to take some of your elective units from other qualifications. If you have completed a complete qualification or individual units at Diploma level or above, you may be eligible to select up to 2 elective units from these. This will depend on certain criteria and we will analyse your qualifications to get you the best outcome possible.
Preferred RPL pathways
Please note these are NOT pre-requisites, simply preferences.
- hold the TAE40110/TAE40116 Certificate IV in training and assessment and have the experience outlined below, or
- hold another relevant VET qualification and have the experience outlined below, or
- have the extensive vocational experience outlined below
- Candidate is an experienced training developer or and instructional designer who is responsible for analysing training needs and designing training solutions and products to meet workplace capability requirements, and evaluating the effectiveness of training programs.
- Candidate may have a role in providing guidance and advice to trainers and assessors, promoting innovative practices, e.g. e-learning, and in researching and incorporating best practice in training and assessment into training programs and products.
- Achievement of the TAE50216 Diploma of Training Design and Development is one of the ways trainers can meet the requirements of the Standards for Registered Training Organisations (RTOs) 2015.
- No licensing, legislative or certification requirements apply to this qualification at the time of publication.
- Trainers and assessors delivering the TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment or any assessor skill set from the TAE Training and Education Training Package are required to hold one of the following qualifications:
- TAE50111/TAE50116 Diploma of Vocational Education and Training
- TAE50211/TAE50216 Diploma of Training Design and Development
- a higher level qualification in adult education.
The TAE50216 Diploma of Training Design and Development is made up of 10 units. There are 5 core units plus 5 elective units.
- TAEASS502 Design and develop assessment tools
- TAEDES501 Design and develop learning strategies
- TAEDES502 Design and develop learning resources
- TAEDES505 Evaluate a training program
- TAETAS501 Undertake organisational training needs analysis
As stated above you may be eligible to select up to 2 of the 5 required electives from qualifications you have already completed. The following are the electives we offer and a minimum of 3 of your electives must be chosen from this list:
- TAEASS501 Provide advanced assessment practice
- TAEDEL502 Provide advanced facilitation practice
- TAEPDD501 Maintain and enhance professional practice
- TAEASS503 Lead assessment validation processes
- TAELLN411 Address adult language, literacy and numeracy skills
- TAELLN501 Support the development of adult language literacy and numeracy skills
- TAEDEL501 Facilitate e-learning
- TAEDES503 Design and develop e-learning resources
Course duration and enrolment period
Once you enrol you have 6 months to provide all required evidence.
This is an assessment only pathway via RPL. Our RPL pathway is administered online through our easy to use online system.
- Microsoft Word 2007 or later
- Our payment plan makes this course affordable for everyone. Pay only $499 upfront, followed by five payments of just $309 a month (total: $2,044).
- Or save 5% and make an initial credit card payment/bank transfer of $900 and the remainder of $1,049 when your RPL process is completed (total: $1,949). Please note that the initial fee is non-refundable if you decide not to proceed with your application.
- If you are unable to provide the required evidence for all the units you will be charged a pro-rata fee for the units you are able to obtain via RPL and issued a statement of attainment for those units. You will be refunded the remainder of the fees for the units that you were not able to provide evidence for, less a 15% (of total course price) administration fee.
- The issuance of a certificate is included in the course fees. An administrative fee of $50 applies if you require an interim statement of attainment or a re-issuance of a certificate.
Entry Requirements – Training Package
Students must be a minimum of 18 years of age.
If you have extensive vocational experience in training developemnt and/or instructional design, this qualification pathway will assist you in having these skills and knowledge recognised.
Our payment plan makes this course affordable for everyone. Pay only $499 upfront, followed by five monthly payments of just $309.
The TAE50216 Diploma of Training Design and Development reflects the roles of experienced practitioners delivering training and assessment services, usually within RTOs within the vocational education and training sector.