TAE50216 Diploma of Training Design and Development (RPL Pathway)
Have your instructional design and training development skills formally recognised!
- This qualification reflects the roles of training developers and instructional designers who are responsible for analysing training needs and designing training solutions and products to meet workplace capability requirements and evaluating the effectiveness of training programs. They may have a role in providing guidance and advice to trainers and assessors, promoting innovative practice, e.g. e-learning, and in researching and incorporating best practice in training and assessment into training programs and products.
- We are providing this qualification through a recognition (RPL) process only. If you have extensive vocational experience in training and assessment, within an RTO or similar organisation, the RPL pathway will assist you in having these skills and knowledge recognised. Please note that enrolment into this RPL program does not automatically grant you the qualification.
- You may be eligible to select elective units from your other qualifications. The TAE50216 Diploma of Training Design and Development gives a good opportunity to take some of your elective units from other qualifications. If you have completed a complete qualification or individual units at Diploma level or above, you may be eligible to select up to 2 elective units from these. This will depend on certain criteria and we will analyse your qualifications to get you the best outcome possible.
No licensing, legislative or certification requirements apply to this qualification at the time of publication.
The TAE50216 Diploma of Training Design and Development is made up of 10 units. There are 5 core units plus 5 elective units.
- TAEASS502 Design and develop assessment tools
- TAEDES501 Design and develop learning strategies
- TAEDES502 Design and develop learning resources
- TAEDES505 Evaluate a training program
- TAETAS501 Undertake organisational training needs analysis
As stated above you may be eligible to select up to 2 of the 5 required electives from qualifications you have already completed. The following are the electives we offer and a minimum of 3 of your electives must be chosen from this list:
- TAEASS501 Provide advanced assessment practice
- TAEDEL502 Provide advanced facilitation practice
- TAEPDD501 Maintain and enhance professional practice
- TAEASS503 Lead assessment validation processes
- TAELLN411 Address adult language, literacy and numeracy skills
- TAELLN501 Support the development of adult language literacy and numeracy skills
Course duration and enrolment period
Once you enrol you have 6 months to provide all required evidence.
Our RPL pathway is administered online through our easy to use online learning system.
- Microsoft Word 2007 or later
- The total course fees are $1,950.
- Upon enrolment, you will make an initial payment of $900. Please note that the initial fee is non-refundable if you decide not to proceed with your application.
- The remainder of $1,050 is due when your RPL process is completed. Full payment must be made before a certificate is issued.
- If you are unable to provide the required evidence for all the units you will be charged a pro-rata fee for the units you are able to obtain via RPL and issued a statement of attainment for those units. You will be refunded the remainder of the fees for the units that you were not able to provide evidence for less the 25% (of total course price) administration fee.
If you have extensive vocational experience in training developemnt and/or instructional design, this qualification pathway will assist you in having these skills and knowledge recognised.
The TAE50216 Diploma of Training Design and Development reflects the roles of experienced practitioners delivering training and assessment services, usually within RTOs within the vocational education and training sector.
We are providing this qualification through a recognition process only.
You only need to pay $900 upfront and the remainder at the end of the RPL process.